Name of the Institution – LSN LP SCHOOL, OTTAPALAM
Year of Starting : LP – 1938
Bring up the girl child with value oriented education who will in turn become ever loyal to the values that she has imbibed. She will be spiritually oriented, intellectually well informed, physically fit, emotionally well balanced with social awareness.
The mission is to educate the girls of the locality giving importance to the poor and weaker sections irrespective of caste, creed and religion.
Ottapalam in Palakkad District in KERALA is a calm and beautiful place, and was the ancestral home of several leading states men in the early decades of 20th century. One among them was Sir Chettur Sankaran Nair a pioneer among the great builders of New India. Sir Sankaran Nair who was a firm believer in the equality of Woman, to perpetuate the memory of his wife – Late Lady Sankaran Nair laid foundation for a girls’ school in Ottapalam with the permission of the Malabar District Board. However the District Board had little time to devote to extend over the whole of Malabar, and in 1938 District Board closed down the Lady Sankaran Nair (LSN) Board High School.
Calicut Bishop Rt. Rev. Dr. Perserpio S.J. and the President of Malabar District Board were pleased to bring the Apostolic Carmel Sisters to Ottapalam at this juncture. Immediate sanction for the transfer of management of the school to Apostolic Carmel was done on condition that, the name ‘Lady Sankaran Nair High School’ be retained.
The purpose of starting LSN LP is for the education of girls with value inputs. The history of the school is intermingled with the story of the growth and story of the Ottapalam town itself. If not for this institution, majority of the women of this area could have remained uneducated or illiterate. LSN LP School is the hope of the poor girls in this locality in the field of basic education.
As a Malayalam medium LP School LSN LP School is a prestigious Institution in Ottapalam. Our students excel in curricular and co- curricular activities. They grow up in discipline and moral values.
The Apostolic Carmel Sisters took over the management of the school on 18th June 1938 in a dilapidated shed. To bring up the school was a tedious work. By the grace of God Almighty and the hard labour of the sisters has brought Name and fame to LSN School. The year 1942, mark an epoch in the history of LSN School. Miss. D. Souza the Board inspectress requested Mother Josphine (Superior General) to open a Secondary Training School with Malayalam as the medium of Instruction and Sr. Eanswide A.C. was given the charge. In 1951 Lower Primary Section was extracted from the High School and joined to the Training school as it’s feeder school.
Besides studies co-curricular activities are given importance. In youth festival and other competitions L.P. students come out with flying colours. By the grace of Almighty God we are aspiring to fulfill the designs for LSN.
|Address||L S N, LP SCHOOL,|
|Year of Establishment||1938|
|Aided / Unaided||Aided|
|Affiliated to||General Education Dept., Govt. of Kerala|
|Headmistress||Sr. Maria Alma.A.C.|
|Corporate Manager||Dr. (Sr.) M. Ancilla. A.C.|