St. Antony’s J.B. School, Vadakara (1938)

Headmistress

Sr. Maria Jeevitha AC

mariajeevitha@gmail.com

Ph:9447668292

The only school which had been run by the District Board for the education of girls in and around Vatakara up to 1938 was taken over by the Apostolic Carmel congregation on 2nd July 1938 as a result of the appeals made time and again by the public of Vatakara through his lordship Rt. Rev. Dr. Leo Preserpio S J, Bishop of Calicut. As the deal was finalized on 13th June, the feast day of St. Antony, it was decided to place the new school under his patronage and so it was named St. Antony’s School. It was inaugurated and blessed on 4th July 1938 by Rev. Fr. Zearo S J, the Parish Priest in the presence of a large crowd of people and children. The number admitted on the first day was 30 for classes I to VII. The medium of instruction was Malayalam. On 5th June 1939 the recognition was received from the Director of Public instruction.

The Junior basic School has been renovated in 1994 and thus began its functioning in full swing with 2 storey building. At present there are 430 students and functioning as one of the best L P Schools in Vatakara Sub District. Efficient and dedicated teachers, strong P T A and S S G are the strength of our school. Our schoolcome up first in Vatakara sub district for kalolsavam, work experience and science fair. Many students attend L S S and talent search exam and secure scholarships. Classes on Dance, Music, drawing and Computer are conducted for all the students. Special days are kept up with various programmes. Innovative assembly programmes are conducted by the students. Along with the management and staff the parents have proved to be supporting pillars in the progress of the school. The school promotes spiritual, moral and intellectual growth of the students and encourages the students to be a challenge in this materialistic and consumerist world to live a value oriented life by giving meaning in their life.

Address St. Antony’s Junior Basic school, Convent Road, Vatakara 673101
Telephone No. 0496-2523551
E-mail ID stantonysvtk@gmail.com
Year of Establishment 2nd July 1938
Status LP
Aided / Unaided Aided
Affiliated to General Education Dept., Govt. of Kerala
Headmistress Sr. Maria Jeevitha A C
Corporate Manager Dr.(Sr.) M. Ancilla. A.C.