Sacred Heart Ghs School Thalassery (1886)
Sr.Ressy Alex AC
Name of the Institution : Sacred Heart Girls’ School Thalassery
Year of starting : 1886
Purpose of starting the school:
Sacred Heart school Thalassery was established in the year1886 to uplift and empower women by providing education for girls in the Malabar coastal area.
Mission and vision of the school:
Realization that constant touch with God will mentally prepare a person to face the realities of life. The integration of prayer and work which are essential for better growth and living. The pioneers and torch bears of this institution were great visionaries who believed in providing value based qualitative education for girls for molding better citizen and there by bringing our mother land to better culture traditions and prosperity.
Values that are focused in our institution:
- Faith in God
- Love and concern for others
- Hard work
- Love for nature
- Service mindedness
- Simple living
School began on 1-4-1886 with 52 students in a rented house named Stella Maries-Star of the sea. In1900 a strong two storied building was put up. The school was upgraded to a High school in the year1908 and to a Higher Secondary in the year2010 with two batches-Commerce &Humanities. In 2013 a new building was constructed as a memorial of 125th year of the establishment of the school. In the Higher secondary section we have 200 students and 12 staff.
Sacred Heart HSS has achieved greater heights both in academic excellence and in the integral development of the personality of each student emphasizing their educational, social, cultural, spiritual, mental and emotional feelings. The school has strived to provide stimulating environment to develop the innate talents in each child and to equip them to face challenges in the ever widening and competitive area of the modern world. Sacred Heart GHSS has completed 131 years of its fruitful service to the society which is indeed a commendable achievement for the school.
|Address||Sacred Heart Girls’ High SchoolGun Dart Road, Thalassery – 670 101,Kannur District, Kerala|
|Year of Establishment||1886|
|Aided / Unaided||Aided||Affiliated to||General Education Dept., Govt. of Kerala|
|Headmistress||Sr. Ressy Alex. A.C|
|Corporate Manager||Dr.(Sr.) M. Ancilla. A.C.|