St. Antony’s Girl’s High School, Vadakara (1938)
Sr.Maria Rekha AC
Year of Establishment : 1938
St. Antony’s Girl’s High School was started on 2nd July 1938 as a result of the appeals made time and again by the public of Vatakara through his Lordship Rt. Rev. Dr. Leo Preserpio S J Bishop of Calicut. It was started for the education of girls and it is the first school for girls in Vatakara. The flourishing of this institution was a dream come true that had enlightened innumerable hearts and minds with the message “A girl child also has the right to education”. The public welcomed this institution with pride and joy as it had created an impact in their minds that girl children will never be deprived of education as long as St. Antony’s Girl’s High School exist in Vatakara. This vision has certainly been truthful and the venture a great success. To take a peep into the history of this prestigious institution will no doubt give us immense Joy. As a candle illumines and guides us in the right path, the education imparted by a community of women has certainly illumined the lives of innumerable girl children who have reached greater heights in all aspects.
The only school which had been run by the district board for the education of girls in and around Vatakara up to 1938 was taken over by the Apostolic Carmel Congregation on 2nd July 1938. Since then, until today St. Antony’s Girl’s High School has crossed milestones, raising a light house in the heart of Vadakara town. This prestigious institution over the past years proved its distinction by the meritorious service in the field of Education. 75 years of past glory and its celebration in connection to the Platinum Jubilee has altered and shaped the history of Vadakara since 1938. Thousands of students who passed out of this school are shining like bright stars in various fields all over the world. The far sighted vision of the Apostolic Carmel Congregation in adopting this school for the empowerment of women is truly an asset and investment for the Nation. The venture began with 30 students and at the verge of completing 78 fruitful years, the number has multiplied to over 1400 students. The main focus was on the all round development of future citizens irrespective of caste and creed, giving priority to justice, truthfulness and charity. With the aim of developing service and compassionate learning, our girls are trained to engage in social service activities.
St. Antony’s G.H.S is always at excellence in the curricular and non-curricular field. It has proved to be a centre of academic excellence, producing cent percent results in the SSLC examinations for years together with highest number of A+ holders. We have been able to produce National, State and District champions in various sports events over the years. This promising endeavour still continues with the aim of adding golden feathers to the history of this institution.
The strength of this institution is the well organized PTA which earnestly renders their whole hearted support in every developmental activity. Our institution was honoured with the best PTA award in the Vadakara Educational District the year before last. The active functioning of the various clubs like Jagratha Samithi, Eco Club, Vidyarangam Kalasahityavedi, the Guides and Red cross enable to impart value based, quality education to Girls upholding the vision and mission of Mother Veronica and enhancing the tradition, culture and social status of Kadathanad.
Without putting a full stop to our innovative progress we are still on the run to conquer great heights.
|Address||St. Antony’s Girl’s High School,
Convent Road, Vatakara – 673 101
|Year of Establishment||1938|
|Status||UP, High School|
|Aided / Unaided||Aided|
|Affiliated to||General Education Dept., Govt. of Kerala|
|Headmistress||Sr. Maria Rekha AC|
|Corporate Manager||Dr. (Sr.) M. Ancilla. A.C.|