Journing to Wayand through its winding steps edged with huge trees and greenery so beautiful, attracts anybody who is interested in nature. The capturing scenery of the lovely surrounding hills and ranges, capped as it were with clouds and the cold moist are blowing through the misty atmosphere is indeed from above.
It was the dream of our sisters who lived in Mananthavady to have a separate house on Eclipse Hills. Eclipse Hill was bought in 1930 with the help of Fr.Lambardini the parish pries of Immaculate Conception Church, Mananthavady. As a gift from divine providence, the inspector registered the property in the name of Sacred Heart Convent, Tellicherry for 7 acres of land. In 1932 Little Flower U.P was handed over to Apostolic Carmel. When the hospital building was bought by a good man named Mr. D’Cruz the Holy Cross convent started functioning and eclipse hill was literally abandoned. The cold was biting and old sisters had the fear of malaria which made the pioneer sisters feel embarrassed.Sr. Constance took her flight to heaven in 1934.
It was at this juncture of our life in 1988 our Superior General Sr. Mariella suggested to have a separate building for the orphanage. Sr.Agnestia who is a doctor with the help of doctors from Germany got a new building done in eclipse hill which was completed in 1990.
The children were shifted there. Two sisters remain with them. They were a part of Holy Cross Convent till 2010 before Little Flower English Medium school started functioning in 2001 and got recognition in 2003. It is flourishing day by day giving English Education to the backward children of our locality.
Little Flower Orphange – 1990
Little Flower Convent