Carmel Villa, Selaiyur, Chennai – 2009
The Carmel villa was blessed on 12.09.2009 by Rev. Fr. Dr. Ambrose, Vicar General of the Chinglepet Diocese.Sr. Marian was appointed as sister in charge of the new convent and sisters Renita and Maria Monica comprised the pioneer community. On 3rd October the solemn mass was celebrated in the chapel. On 19th November the Blessed Sacrament was installed. It was a great consolation to all the sisters.
The Superior of Christ king convent, Sr. Deera and all the sisters were a pillar of strength in making the dream “Carmel Villa” a reality. The Christ King Middle school which was housed from 1939 in the railway ground in east Tambaram was asked to be vacated to make place for a new railway yard in Tambaram. The sisters tried various means to protect the school . The appeals, nine years of struggle, court cases and the like were all in vain and the staff and students were forced to be shifted after 84 years of existence. After much prayer, discussion and planning it was decided to construct a new building in the high school premises. Grateful thanks to Sri. Kouchouseph Chittilapilly, (the brother of Srs. Susheela and Ancilla) who donated rupees fifty lakhs and Christ King higher secondary school for rupees one crore and twenty lakhs. Christ King Middle school was blessed and inaugurated on 6 th May 2019.
Institutions under Carmel Arassi Illam
Christ King Higher Secondary School
Chennai – 600 059
Middle School : 044 22391517
Convent : 044 22395005